Apply now to Join the #AuroraHunters in Tromsø, Norway, to observe the stunning Northern lights – evidence of how Space Weather, caused by our temperamental Sun, interacts with Earth’s magnetic field. Learn about how our Sun has the potential to damage vital infrastructure in space and on the ground, and how ESA is responding with its Space Safety & Security activities.
– Meet and interact with ESA and European space weather scientists
– Receive briefings and updates on solar physics, space weather, aurora borealis, space technology and current developments in
– Europe’s space weather warning missions and services
– Learn about ESA’s space safety and security activities
– Visit the world-famous Tromsø Geophysical Observatory
– Join a wildlife-viewing boat cruise – Join a guided ‘aurora hunting’ expedition
Apply now! http://www.esa.int/AuroraHunters
ESA is Europe’s gateway to space. Our mission is to shape the development of Europe’s space capability and ensure that investment in space continues to deliver benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world. Check out http://www.esa.int/ESA to get up to speed on everything space related.